Sampierana S.p.A. collects and uses your personal data when you browse or use the online services on https://www.sampierana.com/en/ .
By personal data we mean any information that can be used to identify an individual.
The purpose of this policy is to provide you with a clear and detailed explanation of how, when and why we collect and use personal data, and it is designed to give you a simple and transparent explanation of our data protection policy, as well as to show you how to effectively exercise your rights.
This information refers only to the data processed by Sampierana S.p.A. through this website and does not concern other websites, platforms or social network pages that may be reached through links on https://www.sampierana.com/en/ : in these cases, you should always refer to the information available on the respective pages.
This information may be subject to changes and variations over time, so we invite you to regularly consult this page to be updated on the processing of personal data carried out by Sampierana.
- Who is the Data Controller?
- Who is the Data Protection Officier?
- When do you collect my data?
- What data do you process?
- For which further purposes may you use my data?
- With whom will you share my data?
- How will you process my data?
- Will my data be processed outside Europe?
- How long will you keep my data?
- Links to third party sites and social networks
- What are my rights and how can I protect my privacy?
- Can I lodge a complaint?
- Possible changes
- Who is the Data Controller?
Sampierana S.p.A., P.I. 02712200407, is the Data Controller, as it determines the means and purposes of the processing of personal data involved in the use of this website; for further information, please use these contact details:
- mail: Sampierana S.p.A., Via Leonardo da Vinci, 40, 47021, San Piero in Bagno (FC), Italy;
- e-mail: email@example.com;
- PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Who is the Data Protection Officer?
Sampierana has appointed a Data Protection Officer whom you can contact for further information or clarification on the processing activities carried out by the Data Controller or to request assistance in exercising your rights to protect your personal data (see also par. 11 below).
To contact the Data Protection Officer, you can use the addresses indicated for the Data Controller or the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
3. When do you collect my data?
Sampierana will collect information directly provided by you:
– when you access and navigate the site;
– when you send questions or ask for advice through the dedicated sections or contacts;
– when you request assistance with our products and/or services;
– if you apply to work with us;
– if you subscribe to our newsletter service.
4. What kind of data do you process?
When you browse or use the services on the Sampierana S.p.A. website, the following types of data may be processed:
a) Navigation data
Some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the navigation on this website are acquired by the computer systems that allow its proper functioning, including but not limited to data traffic and concerning the location, weblog and other data regarding the resources you access through your device. Although this information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, it could allow users to be identified – by its very nature and through processing and association with data held by third parties. For example, navigation data include IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users who connect to the Site, the addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server and other parameters relating to the operating system and browser used.
- Purpose of the processing: allow you to browse the website safely and correctly;
- Legal basis for the processing: the legitimate interest of Sampierana S.p.A. in the proper functioning of the site and the safety of navigation, regularly balanced with the rights of the person concerned (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR).
b) Request for information through the contact sections
You can contact us at the addresses indicated on the site (firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as through the mailto links incorporated on the site, or using the contact form (https://www.sampierana.com/en/sampierana-contatti/contacts/) to request information or assistance; this involves the acquisition of the data required to identify the request (your e-mail address and the information you decide to include in the text of the message) and authorizes us to send you any reply communications using the contact details you provided at the time of the request.
- Purpose of processing: ensure adequate support in relation to your needs and to respond to your requests;
- Legal basis for the processing: the provision of the service you have requested (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. b, GDPR).
c) Work with us
You may contact us to submit your application for open positions by filling in the appropriate form in the “Work with us” section and thereby authorising the Data Controller to process your personal data for the aforementioned purpose. To this end, you will be asked for your identification data (name and surname), an e-mail address for contacting us and you will have to share a file with your curriculum vitae, as this information is necessary for Sampierana to evaluate your proposal for collaboration.
The provision of this data is compulsory only for the presentation of one’s candidacy and therefore it is up to the individual candidate to decide whether to proceed with the sending of his or her curriculum vitae: refusal will make it impossible to use the service, without further consequences.
The consent to the processing is not necessary, pursuant to art. 111bis of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (so-called Privacy Code, as amended by Legislative Decree no. 101/2018) and art. 9, paragraph 2, letter b) of the GDPR, when the processing concerns data contained in the curricula spontaneously transmitted by the candidates for the purpose of the possible establishment of the employment/collaboration relationship, even if it is data falling into the particular categories provided for by art. 9 of the GDPR (for example, in the event that the data in question must be known due to the establishment of the working relationship, with particular reference to any membership of protected categories or the need to carry out pre-employment medical examinations). At the time of the eventual interview, the interested party will be provided with further information on the processing of his/her personal data.
The data will be kept for the period necessary to evaluate your request and, in any case, for a maximum period of two years. The cancellation of the data sent will be carried out, moreover, at any time, in case the candidate sends a specific request to the Data Controller.
- Purpose of the processing: to provide the service requested by the interested party and to evaluate the application received for the possible establishment of a working relationship;
- Legal basis of the processing: to execute the contractual relationship of which the data subject is part (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. b GDPR).
d) Communications for marketing purposes in the context of legitimate interest and soft-spam
In some cases, we may use the e-mail address communicated by the user using the site (for example, in case of personal account or purchase of products or in case of requests about specific products) to send some promotional communications, even without asking the user for prior consent. This treatment will be carried out in compliance with the provisions of art. 6, lett. f), GDPR and art. 130, co. 4, d.lgs. 130/2003. You are informed of the processing activity through this information and you will always have the right to object, simply and free of charge, to such treatment: every communication sent by the Controller, in fact, contains the reference to this information and the indications on how to request the interruption of the treatment (by opt-out), by contacting the Controller or by directly selecting the appropriate link made available at the bottom of each communication.
- Purpose of the processing: to inform you about products similar to those of your previous purchase and of your possible interest;
- Legal basis: the regulatory provision of art. 130, paragraph 4, Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 that legitimizes the sending of communications concerning products or services similar to those already purchased (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. c and f, GDPR).
The Sampierana newsletter is sent by e-mail to those who explicitly request it by filling in the form on the Site with their e-mail address and authorizing SAMPIERANA to process their personal data for the above-mentioned purpose. The service is provided only after explicit and unequivocal consent from the user (released by checking the appropriate box on the Site) and the provision of data is required only for the purpose of receiving the newsletter and any refusal will make it impossible to use the service, without further consequences.
Since the headquarters of Mailchimp are located in the USA, if you decide to activate the newsletter service you should know that your data may be transferred outside the European territory to perform this treatment. Mailchimp applies various measures to ensure that such data transfers take place safely and in compliance with European requirements (of the GDPR, in particular): more information on this is available here https://mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-european-data-transfers/ or by contacting SAMPIERANA or directly the Mailchimp Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
In any case, to stop receiving the newsletter, simply select the unsubscribe link at the end of each e-mail or send a specific request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation is handled in a partially automated way, so that further newsletters may be received for a period subsequent to this request, in any case no later than 72 hours after the cancellation request, and the sending of which had been planned before the receipt of the cancellation request.
- Purpose of the processing: to send the person concerned communications via e-mail about products and services SAMPIERANA, news and updates on topics related to products sold on the site, as well as offers and promotions reserved for subscribers to the service;
- Legal basis: the consent of the person concerned (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. a, GDPR).
What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that stores brief information about your browsing on a particular website and is installed on your device when you log in. Each cookie contains various data (e.g., the name of the server it comes from, a numeric identifier, etc.), may remain on your system for the duration of a session (until you close your browser) or for long periods, and may contain a unique identifier.
When you visit the site again, they will be forwarded to the site that generated them (first party cookies) or to those provided by third parties able to recognize them (third party cookies).
Sampierana S.p.A. wishes to reassure you about the security of the cookies on its website: they do not damage your device in any way, but they will allow you to navigate more quickly, offering you a better experience.
What are they used for? Cookies are used for different purposes depending on their type: some are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a Website (technical cookies), while others optimize performance to provide a better user experience or allow you to acquire statistics on the use of the Site, such as analytics cookies, or allow you to view personalized advertising, such as profiling cookies.
The Sampierana S.p.A. website uses both cookies that do not require your consent for their installation (such as technical cookies) and cookies that require your prior consent before they can be used (such as profiling cookies).
In particular, on the site can be activated:
a. Technical cookies (which do NOT require your consent):
These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of the site and allow you to access its functions (so-called navigation cookies) or authenticate yourself in the session.
There is also the use of functional cookies, which allow you to store your preferences and settings, thereby improving your browsing experience on the site.
To ensure their functionality, as a rule, these cookies are not deleted when you close the browser, however, have a fixed duration (usually up to a maximum of 2 years) and after this period is automatically deactivated. These cookies and the data they collect will in no way be used for any further purposes.
The installation of technical cookies occurs automatically after accessing the site or to activate certain features (e.g. by selecting the “remember me” option). You can always decide to disable them at any time by changing the settings of your browser: in this case, you may, however, experience some problems viewing the site.
- Purpose of the processing: to ensure the proper functioning and security of the site;
- Legal basis of the processing: the legitimate interest of Sampierana S.p.A. in the proper functioning of the site and the safety of navigation, regularly balanced with the rights of the data subject (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR).
b. Anonymized analytical cookies (which do NOT require your consent)
These cookies keep track of the choices made on the site and data relating to the online navigation of users (for example, pages viewed, time spent on a page, etc.), in order to perform statistical analysis, in an anonymous and aggregate form. These tools can be used only after the expression of the user’s consent.
An exception to this rule is only in the event that the following circumstances occur
– the IP address has been duly anonymized;
– the information obtained with analytical cookies refer to a single computer resource (site, app, etc..) and are used only in an anonymous and aggregate form;
– the cookie provider does not combine the information with other processing and does not pass it on to third parties.
If these requirements are met, the complete anonymization of the data collected is guaranteed and also the cookies falling into this category can be activated without the need for user consent, precisely because the data processed cannot be linked to any identifiable user.
- Purpose of the processing: to have statistics relating to the behaviour of users on the Site, based on aggregated and anonymized data.
- Legal basis: as appropriate:
–the legitimate interest of Sampierana S.p.A. in optimizing the performance of the Site and improving the services provided through the Site, regularly balanced with the rights of the data subject (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR);
–the user’s consent (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. a, GDPR), freely given and revocable at any time, through the cookies banner or by following the instructions below or by following the instructions below and available using the appropriate panel in the Site following this icon:
c. Profiling and marketing cookies (which require your CONSENT):
This site also uses profiling and third-party cookies, the installation of which is subject to your prior consent given through the banner or even managed at any time through the Cookie panel in the Site.
Profiling cookies may include several categories, including advertising profiling, retargeting or Social cookies.
– Advertising profiling cookies: they create a user profile that allows you to view advertising content in line with the preferences expressed when browsing the site;
– Retargeting cookies: are created in order to send you advertising content related to products that you have purchased or viewed on the site and in which you have expressed interest;
– Social cookies: this site installs cookies for social network plug-ins. These cookies are managed directly by third parties and allow the display of advertisements in line with your preferences.
When you access the Site, through a special banner you will be informed of the presence of profiling and retargeting cookies and, through it, you can agree or disagree with their installation, possibly selecting the individual cookies you want to install.
At any time you can revoke the consent previously given, without affecting the ability to visit the site and enjoy its contents.
The user is informed both through the short information (banner displayed until consent is given or denied) and through the Cookie panel in the Site which we invite you to read carefully for all other information on the cookies used on the site and for information on how to disable them.
- Purpose of the processing: to analyse the user’s browsing behaviour in order to present personalized advertising;
d. Social Media Plugins
On the Site there are some buttons that refer the user to the profiles of the Controller on social networks. Only after clicking on these buttons, some cookies may be activated for marketing and profiling purposes by the third parties who manage the social networks. The Controller does not directly manage these tools, but informs you of the possibility that, by using the features of the Site, they may be activated. For more information, including on how to disable these cookies, please read the information on the processing of personal data of social networks:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it
- LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Disabling via browser
We would like to point out that from the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ it is possible not only to acquire further information on cookies, but also to check the installation of numerous cookies on your browser/device and, where supported, also to disable them.
Commonly used browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) also accept cookies by default, but this setting can be changed by the user at any time. This applies to both PCs and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones: it is a generally and widely supported feature.
Therefore, cookies can easily be deactivated or disabled by accessing the options or preferences of the browser used and generally only third party cookies can be blocked; in general, these options will only take effect for that browser and on that device, unless options are active to unify preferences on different devices. Specific instructions can be found on the options or help page of the browser itself. Disabling technical cookies, however, may affect the full and/or proper functioning of various sites, including this Site.
As a general rule, the browsers used today
- offer a “Do not track” option, which is supported by some (but not all) websites. As a result, some websites may no longer collect certain browsing data;
- offer the option of anonymous or incognito surfing: in this way no data will be collected in the browser and no browsing history will be saved, but browsing data will still be acquired by the operator of the website visited;
- allow the deletion of all or part of the stored cookies, but on a new visit to a website they are usually installed if this possibility is not blocked.
We indicate the links to the support pages of the most popular browsers (with instructions on how to disable cookies on these browsers):
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie);
- Microsoft Edge (http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- Safari (iOS) (https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265);
- Chrome (desktop: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it; Android and iOS https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=it).
5. For what further purposes can you use my data?
Your personal data may also be used in order to:
- comply with legal obligations and requests from public or governmental authorities;
- manage any disputes or litigation and therefore defend the rights of Sampierana S.p.A. both in and out of court.
In such cases, the legal bases of the treatment will be:
- for point a), the fulfilment of a legal obligation (art. 6, paragraph 1, letter c, GDPR);
- for point b), the legitimate interest of the Data Controller in the protection of its rights, provided that it is adequately balanced, from time to time, with the rights of the data subject (art. 6, paragraph 1, lett. f, GDPR).
6. With whom will you share my data?
In compliance with the purposes indicated in the previous section, the staff of Sampierana S.p.A. may be assigned to process your data in order to provide you with the services, information or support requested.
Therefore, access to your personal data will be expressly authorised by the Data Controller, who, should it be necessary, may appoint the parties to whom he or she turns for the provision of services and for activities falling within his or her competence as Data Processors in accordance with articles 28 and 29 of the GDPR.
In this regard, we specify that:
– the newsletter service is provided by Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/;
We would also like to remind you that the list of those responsible for data processing is available from the Data Controller, from whom you can request it using the contact details given above.
The user’s data will in no case be transferred to third parties except in the case in which the nature of the services rendered requires it, or in the case in which, by virtue of a legal obligation or in the presence of its legitimate interest, the Data Controller needs to communicate them to the competent jurisdictional or control authorities.
7. How will you process my data?
Your personal data will also be processed with the aid of electronic means for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes intended at the time of their collection.
Sampierana S.p.A. will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, illegal or incorrect use of data, as well as to prevent possible unauthorized access by third parties. Therefore, Sampierana S.p.A. will protect the security of your personal data, limiting the number of persons who will be allowed access to servers or databases and providing protection systems to limit the risk of cyber attacks.
8. Are my data processed outside Europe?
The data processed by Sampierana S.p.A. reside in servers located at the headquarters of Sampierana.
However, some providers of cookie services may be based in non-European countries. In these cases, the processed data will usually reside in servers located in the European territory, but in some cases there may be a communication of some data to the headquarters of the provider. In these cases, personal data will still be processed in compliance with European legislation. The transfer of data, in particular, will only take place in compliance with the provisions of Articles 45 et seq. of the GDPR. Therefore, all necessary precautions will be taken in order to ensure the most complete protection of personal data basing such transfer: a) on adequacy decisions of the third country recipients expressed by the European Commission; b) on adequate guarantees expressed by the third party recipient pursuant to art. 46 of the Regulation; c) on the adoption of corporate binding rules. These requirements are always guaranteed by Sampierana S.p.A. service providers.
Regarding the newsletter, we refer to https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
With regard to providers of cookies and cookie management services that are based in countries outside Europe, we refer to the Cookie panel in the Site.
9. How long will you keep my data?
Sampierana S.p.A. will process your personal data for the time reasonably necessary to achieve only the purposes listed above, which can be consulted in the “What data will you process?” section, or for the conservation periods envisaged by sector regulations: for example, data relating to purchases made will be kept for the period envisaged by tax and fiscal laws and indicatively for a period of 10 years.
– the data relating to your Curriculum Vitae and your application will be kept for two years;
– the data used for sending the newsletter will be kept until your request for cancellation;
– the data used for softspam communications will be kept until your cancellation request or for two years from the last time you expressed interest in Sampierana (for example, by contacting us through the Site);
– for the terms of deletion of data processed through cookies you can find information in the Cookie panel in the Site.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted or irreversibly anonymized.
10. Links to third party websites and social networks
11. What are my rights and how can I protect my privacy?
In relation to your personal data and in accordance with the GDPR, Sampierana S.p.A. informs you that you have the right to request:
- access to your data;
- the modification and rectification of any errors in our databases relating to your data;
- The cancellation of your data if they are held in the absence of the legal prerequisites;
- the limitation of the processing of your data;
- opposition to the processing of your data;
- the portability of your data.
Any templates and more information are also available here: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/1089924.
In the following table we explain in detail how to exercise your rights:
|YOUR RIGHT||HOW TO EXERCISE IT?|
|Access||you can ask:|
– a confirmation about a processing on your personal data;
– to have a copy of your personal data;
– to have further information about your personal data that you cannot find in this privacy notice..
|Rectification||you can ask for the rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data.|
Before rectification the data, we will verify the accuracy of the information in our archives.
|Erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)||you can ask for the erasure of your personal data, in the following cases:|
– the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
– the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based.
– there are no legitimate grounds for the processing;
– the personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which Sampierana S.p.A. is subject.
|Restriction of processing||you can ask for the restriction of processing, in the following cases:|
– the accuracy of the personal data has already been contested;
– the personal data are no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
After you have asked for the restriction, the data can be still used if:
– there is your consent to it;
– it appears necessary to exercise or defend from a legal claim;
– for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person involved in the data processing.
|Portability||you can ask for a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.|
|Object||You can object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you when:|
• they are based on the pursuing of a legitimate interest pursued by the controller;
• your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
When you object:
• to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes;
• in case of legitimate interest of the data controller, the processing may continue only if he demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights, and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
It is possible to exercise the right of object also by automated means using technical specifications, such as those you can find on your personal account and in the e-mails, you may receive (link for cancellation).
Sampierana S.p.A. ensures that we will answer to your requests within 30 days from the receipt.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority, if you think that Sampierana S.p.A.’ personal data processing is not compliant to GDPR or any other national law.
In Italy, the competent authority is Garante per la protezione dei dati personali, whose contact are accessible at the following page: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
Further information and a template to lodge a complaint are here: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524.
Finally, in case there are the conditions of articles 78 e 79 GDPR, you have the right to an effective judicial remedy at the competent court.